Just six days out from my due date, it does seem a little silly to form goals for the month, as I know I’ll be spending my time caring for myself and our new baby. So for January, I’ll be breaking things down into pre-baby and post-baby…in the event that I make it to my due date. All bets are off if he/she comes sooner, which I am definitely hoping for. I would love to go into labor on my own.
1. Sign Boone up for spring soccer. We gave him the choice of t-ball or soccer. He was adamant about soccer.
2. Write my maternity leave email away message.
3. Get my email down to zero. I’m pretty close!
4. Use a gift certificate I have to get a pedicure. A labor inducing pedicure, perhaps?
5. Stay on top of my diet to regulate my GD and try to continue walking. I was hardcore about walking after every main meal for the past few weeks, which helps keep my sugar levels at bay, but now that I’ve crossed over into the misery stage of pregnancy, I haven’t kept up with it. Luckily, diet alone seems to be working to keep things in check.
6. Blog 2015 Year in Review.
1. Enjoy the last season of Downton Abbey…it premieres tomorrow, right?!
2. Buy baby book. I’m waiting to know the gender before I do this. I imagine we’ll go with the same book that we did for the first two.
3. Write a blog post with birth announcement/birth story.
4. Sleep when the baby sleeps. I’ve never been very good about doing this, but I really want to make an effort to do so this time around.
5. Possibly take baby on a date with Geoff to reflect on 2015 and make plans for 2016 using Lara Casey’s Powersheets. This is a big maybe and would definitely happen at the end of the month if at all. Might need to table this to February.
Happy January, everyone!
JOIN THE LIST
fun in your inbox