Hellllllo, February! It’s going to be another full month, but I really think a great month. Since I never posted my January goals, I’ll just note what was accomplished.
Personal/Family – January
- Celebrated our sweet Grey squirrel for his very first birthday.
- Signed Boone up tee-ball for this spring.
- Cleaned out and decorated guest room.
- Hosted our friends, Luke and Jane for the weekend (and took her maternity pictures!).
- Had family movie night…we watched Homeward Bound…it was a big hit!
- Completed yard preparations for playset install (we’ve had it for two days…kids are obsessed).
- Began new Wednesday and Sunday laundry schedule. So far, it’s working!
- Started and kept up with meal planning each week.
- Completed reading Emily Ley’s Grace Not Perfection.
- Had our pictures taken by my dear friend and very talented photographer Alicia White.
- Did “biometric screening” to have our cholesterol, etc. checked.
- Stopped eating all of the sugary things that I love. Some days have been harder than others.
Business – January
- Experimented with project management software (Trello and Asana…ultimately, chose Asana)
- Got featured on the Southern Weddings Blog! See the feature here.
- Implemented Duty Days. This is something I’ve been wanting to do for at least a year. Thank you, Katelyn James! Go to Katelyn’s blog to read about her duty day structure.
- Had my first coaching session with my business coach, Lauren with Elle & Company.
- Ordered new album samples – can’t wait to share.
- Hired and met with our new bookkeeper.
Things to look forward to in February:
- Savannah trip (to photograph an engagement session, but also for some time away with Geoff. Can’t. Wait.)
- Charleston trip (photographing Emily and Greg’s wedding, but also going to try to see the Angel Oak Tree!)
- Crew’s 4th birthday!
- Faith Retreat in Raleigh.
- Family movie night – happening this Friday…we are thinking Zootopia. Popcorn and a treat…the kids LOVE family movie night.
And my goals for the month:
Personal – February
- Make a decision for our anniversary trip and book the trip.
- House projects galore (fix fixture in our kitchen, clean out two closets, begin cleaning out garage, baby proof everything, organize file cabinet).
- Spend intentional time with my baby Grey on his mama day before he starts “school” next month. 🙁
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with the kids (we usually do heart shaped breakfast, a new Valentine’s Day book and a small treat).
Business – February
- Make progress on updating our Studio Manual.
- Finalize 2017 client gifts and send out Valentine’s Day gifts (keep an eye out in the mail 2017 brides and grooms!).
- Complete second shooting training schedule for Erika.
- Set up my email list.
- Implement blogging calendar (hoping to blog regularly once/week with helpful content for photographers and other creatives).
- Make progress on client magazine.
Hope y’all have a great month!