I’ll be honest. As I did my Powersheets and looked into November, I knew I had bitten off more than I can chew this month. In fact, it’s kind of felt like that the past few months. Maybe even this whole year. Even so, I am determined to walk through the rest of the year with my head high and enjoying as much as I can. This is my favorite time of year, after all! These next two months will be all about 1) Taking one thing at a time, 2) Doing the best that I can…and that being good enough, 3) Keeping organized, calm and joyful, and 4) Grace. Lots and lots of grace.
Yesterday I was thinking about goals and what I have classified as being “a goal” on this blog in years past. I’ve cited things like “go to the pumpkin patch” as a goal. To me, a goal is something that I strive toward meeting…that takes effort. And yes, arguably it DOES take effort to get my three kids to the pumpkin patch, but it doesn’t really feel like a goal. There are some things each month we plan on doing…but aren’t things I am attempting to achieve. So from here, I think I’ll be separating my plans from my goals each month.
+ Travel to Boone, NC to speak to the Issues of Contemporary Photography class at App State (happening Friday – can’t wait!).
+ Photograph the birth of a friend’s baby (keeping my fingers crossed that the timing works out!).
+ Get my hair cut and colored (I only get my hair cut twice a year, so I am really looking forward to this!).
+ 4th Quarter studio fun day (this involves photographing our studio manager, Erika and her husband, Jake, and then taking them out to dinner!).
+ Celebrate Thanksgiving! (our plans include the uptown parade, hot chocolate at Starbucks, a trip to the park, a walk, firepit and food. Can’t. Wait.).
+ Shoot some film at Melissa and Aaron’s wedding.
+ Mini Sessions Day Two.
+ Decorate for Christmas (don’t worry – this doesn’t happen until the day after Thanksgiving).
1) Send brand launch packages to industry friends/vendors.
2) Get my email to zero. Needs to happen.
3) Make progress on office set-up. Order new chairs and a little table and put up curtains.
4) Hit all of my editing deadlines.
1) Intentional Family Days. This month is insane, but Geoff and I are determined to have at least two of these days this month (in addition to our Thanksgiving days!). One will be this Saturday…a hike on the greenway and family movie night with popcorn and treats!
2) The Magnolia Story. Really going to try to start reading my new book over Thanksgiving weekend. Who doesn’t need a little Chip and JoJo in their life?!
3) Start 2016 family photo album (another Thanksgiving weekend project!).
4) Walk for at least 30 minutes 5x/week.
5) Do one load of laundry every morning at least 6x per week (my friend, Mary, and I are doing this laundry challenge together…we are only on day three, but already it feels life changing).
6) House projects (organize kids closets, order two chairs for kitchen area, set up kid’s bookshelves).
Proclaiming and believing it will be a great month!
“My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
JOIN THE LIST
fun in your inbox