September 1st. The first sign that fall is on it’s way. Even though it is hot as blazes outside today, the first of September is the hope that I needed to hang on. Soon, all that is right in this world will be here….scarves, boots, pumpkin spice lattes (I know they are here, but I have a self-imposed not PSL rule until October 1st…unless we happen to get a very “feels like fall” day in September), cool breezes, falling leaves, pumpkin candles, pumpkin carving…pumpkin EVERYTHING. I could weep just thinking about it.
Until then, here’s the plan for September.
1. New Hire. Applications are in for the position we advertised last week. Now we just need to set up interviews and complete the process. I’m really hoping to have the new person hired and starting training by middle/end of the month.
2. Mission Statement. I’d really love to print and hang our company mission statement in our studio and think I’ve found who I’d like to have do it. Stay tuned.
3. Evaluate 2014 Goals. This must happen tonight. It’s been on my list of monthly goals for two months now. I’m itching to have a solid and intentional plan for business for the remaining months of the years.
4. Update Collateral Pieces. We are definitely in need of a little refresh on our correspondence cards.
1. Apple Picking. Last year we had our first experience picking apples…..Boone and I are counting down the days until we have those amazing apple cider donuts in our mouths.
2. Mountain Trip. Can’t wait to head out of town to spend some quality time with some sweet friends.
3. The Very Best Biscuits. In just a couple weeks we’ll be photographing a wedding in Wilmington. For SURE we will be hitting up my favorite breakfast spot downtown for the best biscuits in the country – The Dixie Grill.
4. E-group. Earlier this summer I began to feel a nudge in my heart that I should lead a small group of college-aged women at our church. When the opportunity presented itself shortly thereafter, there was no denying that I was supposed to do this. It feels a little daunting to undertake this role when our schedule already feels so out of hand and jam-packed, but I know there is reward in saying yes when God asks us to do something. And so, this week kicks off our first e-group that my dear friend and I will co-lead together. Truly, I am looking forward to it.
If any of you post your goals out there for the world to see, please share the link below – I’d love to see!
JOIN THE LIST
fun in your inbox