Hi friends! Super pumped about these January goals – well, super pumped about goals in general….I love new beginnings and the fresh start that the new year brings.
A couple of weeks ago Geoff and I went on a date to spend some time together and make plans for what we wanted our life to look like in 2013. I hope to share more of the big picture goal wise soon, but for now, here are a few of my goals for January.
1. The Business of Being Born.
I plan to finish watching this documentary
(available on Netflix) in the next few days. I have been meaning to watch it for years now. So far, it is super interesting and has given me a lot to think about as far as what I want this baby girl’s birth to look like if I have it my way, as well as has raised a lot of questions I have for my midwives.
2. Expectant Parent Tour. A tour of the labor & delivery wing of our hospital. Going to try to knock this one out this weekend.
3. Nursery. This one already feels like a great accomplishment, as we are FAR more along with this child’s nursery than we were with Boone’s. If you are a long time follower of this blog, you might recall our complete unpreparedness of his arrival, which came 3.5 weeks before his due date. He came home from the hospital to an empty room – we didn’t have a THING ready. This time, I am determined to make this a different experience if I can help it. Anyway, we’re hoping to have shop set up in the next week.
4. Baby Book.
Just need to buy one. Thinking that tonight I’ll purchase this one
for her. Does anyone out there have any other recommendations for a cute one?
1. 2013 Goals. Geoff and I need to finalize things that we had begun talking about. Perhaps we will on our date tonight!
2. Date Nights. Speaking of date nights, this month, we are going to go on a date each week – trying to squeeze in as much “us” time as possible before things get crazy with a newborn.
1. 2013 Goals. Haven’t really taken any time to plan things out for the year on the business front yet. Soon.
2. Email/Editing. I will….repeat…I WILL be fully caught up with all of my editing and my inbox WILL hit zero this month. Not sure either of those things have ever happened. But, I am determined! I am this close on my editing. Emails, however, I still feel like I’m drowning.
3. Christmas Card. Needing to take a few pictures and share this on the blog.
4. Branding. We’ve got our new logo finalized, our business card nearly completed and are beginning work on our website. I think at this point, I need to list out our pending projects and get some kind of production schedule going.
There you go, friends. January. It’s a great month. 🙂 I’ll leave you with an image I shot for two of my favorite people at the end of 2012 – Larry and Kelly. Goodness, do we love them. And goodness, we sure have been blessed with some fantastic influences in our lives.
Cheyenne, from the first time I started following you years back, one of the things I admired most about you was how candid, honest, genuine and authentic you are on the blog (and now I know, in real life, too!). It’s inspiring to see the way you layout your goals and share them with others! Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. You are ALWAYS an inspiring force in my life. And…I LOVE the Hubatkas!
I have that exact baby book…how funny! Before I even clicked on the link I had a feeling it might be that one. You will love. 🙂
Cheyenne, I don’t think I’ve ever commented, but I’ve been following you for a while – I went to/work at Davidson and a friend of mine who knew you suggested your blog to me… I’ve been hooked ever since! 🙂 Just wanted to share the baby book I got, also from an etsy person, 2giggles. I really love it! The one you’ve picked out looks lovely, too, though – just wanted to share another option. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Natalie