As much as I might love to be, I’m not a huge reader. So choosing anymore than these seven books to complete in 2017 is just unrealistic. With that said, I’m really excited to dig into each of these this year.
1. Present Over Perfect – Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist
I had been hearing about this book from various friends over the past few months, so I was definitely excited when I received it as a gift. I’m nearly through with it and y’all…so good. At the risk of sounding really cheesy, it has been exactly what this my mind, heart and soul has needed. It’s like it was written just for me and I’m beyond grateful for it.
2. A Million Miles in a Thousand Years – How I Learned to Live a Better Story by Donald Miller
I also received this book from a friend probably 3 years ago and haven’t gotten to it yet. Again, I’ve heard great things.
3. Seven-Mile Miracle – Journey Into the Presence of God Through the Last Words of Jesus by Steven Furtick
Our Pastor’s most recent book. Can’t wait to dig in.
4. Poke the Box – When Was the Last Time You Did Something for the First Time? by Seth Godin
Geoff read this at the beginning of the year and really liked it. So there’s that. But mostly, it’s a Seth Godin book. Which means that it’s sure to be a good read.
5. Enchantment – The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions by Guy Kawasaki
To be honest, I was actually looking to by the book Giftology by John Ruhlin. After I found it to be out of stock, I somehow happened upon this book. Time will tell. 🙂
6. The $6000 Egg – The 10 New Golden Rules of Customer Service by Deb and Todd Duncan
I was sold on this book after listening to Todd Duncan’s customer service episode on the Entreleadership podcast. Looks like it will be an easy read.
7. People Over Profit – Break the System. Live With Purpose. Be More Successful. by Dale Partridge
I just started following along with Dale Patridge (including his podcast StartUp Camp) in the past couple of months. I’m really looking forward to getting into this one.
Bonus Book! There’s no way I can go the year without reading…
8. Cultivate – A Grace-Filled Guide to Growing an Intentional Life by Lara Casey
Lara’s book doesn’t come out until June, but it is available for pre-order right now. Go to her blog to see watch the most beautiful preview video with the most beautiful words.
What books are you planning to read this year that you are looking forward to? Are there any books that you would insist I add to this list? Please let me know in a comment!
JOIN THE LIST
fun in your inbox