September. I kind of love September and the freshness of a new start that it brings…even though I’m not in school myself…it reminds me of newness and chance to reset goals before the end of the year to finish strong. Plus, it is the month that signifies that fall. is. coming. ALL the praise hands. Anyway, here’s what we accomplished in August.
+ Moved into our new home and closed on our old home. We also threw out a lot of clutter while packing.
+ Celebrated Boone’s 6th birthday and threw him a birthday party. Yesterday he told me, “I just love being 6 years old.” 🙂
+ Photographed one of the biggest weddings we have ever done at Biltmore Estate…even shot a little bit of film. Can’t wait to share the photographs!
+ Had our third annual “Grandview Vacay” with dear friends. Pictures and recap coming soon!
+ Threw away a lot of clutter while we were packing up.
+ Got Boone all prepped and sent off to kindergarten. He’s only on day 2, but so far, he LOVES it.
+ Photographed a styled shoot at the Ballantyne Lodge.
1. Exercise. As the weather hopefully begins to get cooler…especially toward the end of the month…I look forward to getting out on some regular walks with my Grey squirrel again.
3. Trip to Sky Top Orchard. This is a fun tradition our family likes to do together every September. Apple picking and cider donuts…it never gets old and is something we look forward to each year.
4. Massage. When I was in the thick of it with Geoff recovering from knee surgery and prepping our house to put on the market, I declared that once we sold our house and were in our new house, I would be getting a massage. Now that both of those things are complete, that will be happening. It’s going to be glorious.
5. Get Settled. We still have a lot to do in terms of settling ourselves in our new home. Lots to unpack, pictures to hang, furniture to shift around until it is in the perfect spot. This is the month to do it. I’d love to go into October feeling like everything was in a good place.
6. E-group. My friend, Maria, and I are co-leading a “Mrs. Betterhalf” e-group for the 8 weeks starting this month…can’t wait to dig into the material and better my marriage.
1. Office Furniture. Our new office space in the new house is looking quite disheveled and is in need of some new furniture.
2. Create Collateral. We’ve got quite a few projects to complete for our collateral for the new brand. Keeping this one on here from last month.
3. Reading. I’m about halfway through reading the book, Raving Fans, and hope to finish it this month.
4. Mini Sessions. Many of you have been asking if we are going to do mini sessions again this fall. The answer is YES! We’ll be announcing dates this month..likely one for October and one for November.
5. Launch Month. This is the month that we get to begin our launch for our new brand coming next month. If you missed our big announcement related to this on Facebook last month, you can catch the replay here:
Hello, September! Excited you are here. 🙂
JOIN THE LIST
fun in your inbox