A week late in posting, but still wanted to get my November goals up! But first, my highlights of October:
+ Went to the Carolina Balloon Fest. All of the hot air balloons was the prettiest of sights. Blog post with some pics soon!
+ Visit to the pumpkin patch. We were kind of hoping for more fall-like weather, but it was still some good family time together.
+ Hiked Pinnacle Trail at Crowders Mountain – such a major accomplishment for us, as we aren’t really the hiking type. 🙂
+ Had some great Halloween fun. Boone went as a superhero and we dressed Crew up like Ace Ventura.
(Here are a couple pictures from our hiking adventure…hauling two kids under four up, up and up was SO worth it once we got to the top…the view was beyond spectacular!)
Without further ado – November goals.
1. Mini Sessions. These are already well underway – this past Sunday we had 9 back to back sessions and this Sunday we have 14…omg. 🙂
2. Mentoring. This was on my goals for October, but I didn’t quite get around to it. I’ve got some new ideas for future mentor/coaching opportunities that I’m thinking I will launch in January. This month, the planning begins.
3. Calligraphy Class. This is partly for business; partly for just me. If anyone wants to join me, the class will take place at West Elm from 12pm-3pm on Saturday, November 22nd. Tickets are on sale through Olde York Station HERE.
4. Speak at App. This will be the second year that Geoff and I will journey up to Boone, North Carolina to speak to a photography class at Appalachian State. We so enjoyed ourselves last year and are really looking forward to it again!
5. Holiday Gift Planning. One of the things I look forward to at the end of the year is gifting our past and current clients with some cute things (here’s what we gave in 2011), as well as putting together our holiday card.
1. Vintage CLT Winter Market. I’ve been wanting to check this out for some time now….handmade and vintage goods for sale at The Filmore on the 15th! Details HERE.
2. Hello Holidays. I am beyond excited for some good, relaxing family down-time at the end of the month for Thanksgiving. I also can’t wait for the days following Thanksgiving to decorate our Christmas tree and make our first batch of Christmas M&M cookies!
3. Hunger Games Date Night. Mockingjay is out this month! Beyond pumped! Actually, I probably need to re-read the book to prepare for it. 🙂
4. Fitness Challenge. A couple of times a year, our church launches a fitness challenge for the staff and spouses. The new challenge is upon us – starts next week! For 24 days starting November 13th I will be choosing one of four exercises each day: 1) Run or Walk 2 miles, 2) 100 push ups, 3) 50 squats or 4) 100 pull ups. Thankful to have this kick in the pants.
If anyone reading posts their goals to their blog, please leave a comment to the link below – I really enjoy checking out what others are up to!
Have a great November. 🙂
JOIN THE LIST
fun in your inbox
Oh man, I am SO TEMPTED by that calligraphy class! I’ve been wanting to learn for years and years.
me too! holler if you end up going!
i signed up for the calligraphy class! I haven’t done any since 5th grade and I’m excited to learn with you!