October. Arguably my most favorite month of the year. Or maybe it’s November….or December. I just everything about this season! Who’s with me?!
September was a great month…the highlights include:
+ Hiring our new studio assistant, Sammie…introduction coming soon!
+ Apple picking at Sky Top Orchard (blog post coming soon…tomorrow perhaps)
+ Mountain weekend getaway with great friends (I promise to get a blog post up on this soon too!)
+ Trip to Wilmington to photograph Hollie + Rich’s wedding (also managed to get in a little quality time/relaxing times with the husband)
+ Launched new e-group to co-lead college aged women
+ Had another financial coaching session with our awesome coach Will Ray
Here’s what we’ve got coming up for October. Going to be a GREAT month!
1. Mini Session Planning. We’ve never done mini-sessions, but figure everything is worth trying at least once. Stay tuned, as we’ll be announcing dates/information very shortly…including a fun little contest we are cooking up. 🙂
2. Mentor Sessions. It has been really great doing the mentor sessions for other photographers/business owners that I have over the past year and a half. I’m working on plans to offer more…but we are changing up the format a bit to try something new. Also, stay tuned for details.
3. Influence Network. I’ve been wanting to take a class with the Influence Network for so long. Now is the time! There are several classes offered for the month of October…I think I’m going to do the Business to Give Back class on October 27th! Anyone want to join me?
1. All Things Pumpkin. Visit the pumpkin patch, carve pumpkins, learn how to make an organic homemade pumpkin spice latte (anyone have a good recipe?), make pumpkin waffles. All of this. Times a hundred.
2. Balloon Festival. I really want to try to make it to the Carolina Balloon Festival in Statesville this year to see the hot air balloons. We’ve got a lot going on the weekend of the festival, but we’re going to try to make it happen.
3. The Best Yes. This one could easily fit into the business goals section as well. I am so pumped to read Lysa Terkeurst’s new book The Best Yes and discuss with my mom’s e-group this month…truly, I can’t wait. I look up to Lysa so much…she is such a wealth of wisdom.
4. Halloween Costumes. No idea what to dress these kids up as. Any ideas for a 4 year old boy and a 20 month old girl?
5. Operation Buy the Kids Some Warm Clothes That Fit Them. It’s time for some shopping….I just had Boone try on his pants from last year in hopes that maybe he could squeeze into them. Laughable.
6. Cookie Decorating. Can’t wait to have some of Boone’s buddies over for a Halloween cookie decorating party.
So there you go. Let’s go, October!
+ If any of you post your goals out there for the world to see, please share the link below – I’d love to see!
JOIN THE LIST
fun in your inbox