Since May is the month that I begin shooting for the first time since I had Crew, I thought what better than to kick things off by attempting to be organized with some goal setting? Yes, May goals.
Can I just say…I am kind of floored that it is already May? And that next Thursday my baby will already be THREE months old?! I am beside myself.
1. Lose 5 pounds. I am happy to say, the baby weight is coming off much quicker the second time around. I do, however, still have about 10 pounds to go. For the most part, I’ve been eating well, but I know it’s time to kick into gear with some exercise. This Thursday…TOMORROW….it’s cardio funk time, people.
2. Thomas at Tweetsie.
Take a day trip to Blowing Rock for Boone to see Thomas the Train at Tweetsie for “A Day Out With Thomas”
. We went last year and the kid flipped out when he saw Thomas choo chooing around the mountain. TA-TA!!!!
3. Crew’s Baby Book.
Guys, I have the cutest baby book
for Crew. And I just haven’t found the time to begin filling it out. I was SO bad with keeping up with Boone’s. Bleh.
4. Get My Kid to Stay in His Bed at Night.
That kid. Goodness, have we had a time keeping him in bed at night. I feel like we’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work. I just got this clock
in the mail that we ordered that shines GREEN when it’s 7am signaling to him that he can come out of his room. Please dear God, let this work!
1. Stay on top of my editing. We are shooting four engagement sessions this month and I would LOVE to go into June with a clean slate.
We recently sent in all of our equipment to Canon for cleaning/checks to prepare for our upcoming wedding season (quick shout out to Canon Professional Services
– we are big fans of this program!), so now it’s time to sell some old stuff and buy some new stuff.
+ 5D Mark II: $1300 (this bad boy has a lot of shutter actuations; price reflects that)
+ 24-70 2.8L: $1100
+ 70-200 2.8L: $1000
+ 50 1.2L: $1100
If interested, please shoot me an email or send me a note through the contact form on this blog. 🙂
3. New Branding/Website. I’m happy to say that we have, in fact, made some progress in this area. Goodness, it’s been the longest time coming. At this point I need to and will make a schedule for deadlines and we will stick to it.
4. Mentoring. No, I haven’t forgotten about my announcement that we would begin offering mentorships. I was silly enough to think I could have it launched before the baby was born. Well, clearly that didn’t happen. Plans are underway; just need to formalize the format before we officially begin this program. Stay tuned.
And here are a couple recent pics of my babies. Happy May! 🙂