Hello and Happy Thursday. It is, indeed, a happy Thursday. So far:
– I’ve slept in a bit (until 8:10am)….many thanks to my husband for taking care of Boone before he left for work!
– Had coffee with friends at the park (with four babies – one of which is in utero…not mine)
– Gotten going on the mass pile that is the laundry
– Finished up editing a bridal portrait….here’s a quick little preview:
And, I managed to clean off my disaster of a dining room table so I can set up my laptop to write out this blog post. Great day…..great day. :)
The past few months I’ve been saying how I have been wanting to do a “check-in” with where things have stacked up with my 2011 goals. Obviously, that never happened.
After a quick review, I think it is safe to say I’m going to come up short in quite a few areas related to business and home life. So, today, as my baby naps in the next room, I wanted to take a few minutes to make a realistic plan for the next 2 months of what from the 2011 goals list I want to accomplish.
For the rest of October, which is only a matter of days (are you serious?!), I plan to take it pretty easy with my boys (and 2 dog girls). We’ve just come off of shooting 7 in a row weddings and are glad for a Saturday off before we shoot 3 more in November. So, this weekend I plan to:
1. Get my haircut (bangs…I’m getting bangs. There, I’ve said it, so I can’t chicken out).
2. Blog a few pictures from our trip to the pumpkin patch and our trip to the zoo.
3. Shoot a few pictures of Boone in his Halloween costume.
4. Take a morning walk to Starbucks to enjoy some pumpkin amazingness.
5. Pray a lot for a big decision that is upon us.
6. Take a trip to IKEA.
7. Go on a triple date with friends.
8. Continue our “branding refresh” discussions.
In the month of November, I would like to accomplish the following:
1. Finish up the albums that are currently in progress before the Christmas cut-off date.
2. Attend ladies night for the staff and spouses of our church.
3. Shoot the opening event for Polka Dot Bake Shop.
4. Attend this workshop.
5. Complete our “branding refresh”.
6. Take a big risk into something we’ve never done before (I can’t share details of what this is quite yet).
7. Have Geoff design and order a new sample sign-in guestbook.
8. Read a book over Thanksgiving (either Redeeming Love or Fast Track Photographer)
9. Decorate our house for Christmas (don’t worry – this won’t happen until the day after Thanksgiving :) ).
10. Attend bootcamp at least three days a week.
In December, the plan is:
1. Shoot some great stuff for our Christmas Eve experiences at our church.
2. Do as much editing as possible to go into 2012 with as clean as slate as possible (this is a long shot).
3. Enjoy the Christmas season! (This is sure to include watching lots of Christmas movies and eating lots of Christmas cookies :) ).
Here we go!
And p.s. – fall is going much to quickly, wouldn’t you agree?! :(