So………would you like to know why it is that I had been MIA for a few weeks there back? Watch this:

——————————————————————————————

Yes, it’s true. There is a human being growing inside of my body.  And eventually…..it’s going to want to come out. And when I say eventually, by that I mean September.

With four weddings on the books for September, I wouldn’t say it was my ideal timing.  But obviously, it isn’t the least bit about MY timing.  God clearly had other plans….plans to prosper me and not to harm me.  Plans that are crafted with absolute PERFECTION.

Guys – can I be honest for a minute?  I was floored….FLOORED to find out that I was preggo.  Although, I guess shocked and panicked would be better words to describe my reaction.  Now, the further along in this process that I get, the more sane that I get.  As I increasingly regain my sanity, I look back to become more and more embarrassed at how I initially reacted.  It’s a true wonder that my husband is still my husband after he saw me at my craziest.

Now, that’s not to say I’m still not totally freaked out.  However, I’m SURE that once we meet Baby Schultz, I will agree with everyone that the tiny baby is singlehandedly the best dang thing that ever happened to me.  But right now…..I’m too focused on being dramatic.  I’m worried about the fact that I already had to buy a belly band to help me fit in my jeans.  I’m dreading that I will be 8 months pregnant in August.  And, I’m trying to cope with the reality that I have to actually BIRTH a child.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.

So as for why I’ve been MIA…..I have been sicker than a dog.  So sick that most days all I could muster was to roll myself out of bed around 11am to grab an eggo waffle or two and then flop down on the couch….where I’d stay…..all….day….long….in a constant state of feeling horribly carsick.  Why they call it “morning” sickness is beyond me….because I was laid out for the majority of the day and night.  So, if you are one of those people who waited a ridiculously long time for an email response….or perhaps never got that voicemail returned…..please consider this my official apology.  I’m happy to report that it seems I am now back in commission.

I guess I share these feelings less for you the reader, but more for myself…..so I can look back at this months from now…years from now…..and laugh at how ridiculous I was….and shake my head at how little faith I had.

p.s. – super cute animation that Geoff created, right? My husband is one talented guy no doubt.  And is he excited, you ask?  Geoff has wanted to be a dad for as long as he can remember…..so yes.  I would say he is bursting at the seams in excitement.  :)

Leave A

Jesse Fender
March 17, 2010
OMG! Congrats! We are so happy for you guys! Hang in there...I'm sure these last few months will fly by!
erica anne
March 17, 2010
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! YAYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *So* excited for you guys!!!
March 17, 2010
Congratulations!!!! Glad you're feeling better!!!
March 17, 2010
Congrats Cheyenne!!!!!! That's amazing!!
CONGRATULATIONS! How fun & exciting for y'all! That is going to be one cute and well photographed kid!! :) Way way cool! And good luck being 8 mos preggo in August & the whole birthing a human thing. I'm with you on that- both of those thoughts already scare the bejesus out of me and I'm not even thinking about getting pregnant!!! :) CONGRATS, y'all!
March 17, 2010
Congrats Cheyenne and Geoff! Baby Schultz is blessed to have you two as parents. Glad you are feeling like yourself again :)
March 17, 2010
Congratulations! You'll be a beautiful mama! Can't wait to follow the progress.
HOW AWESOME! Congrats!
julie rae
March 17, 2010
OMGeeeeeeeeeeee! The DeVoes are very excited for you! What an amazing blessing! You are going to be great parents. Now you really must find a foster home for Frank! Congratulations!
March 17, 2010
Yay! I'm so happy for both of you!
Robin Day
March 17, 2010
Congratulations! I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I am due 7/14 and was sick all day and all night for the first 12 weeks but then like a light switch it all went away. I wish you all the best and soak it in because it's really awesome. Don't worry about the belly band...I was in maternity pants at 10 weeks.
Angie Blackson
March 17, 2010
YAY!! I am so excited for you guys! That baby is blessed to have such wonderful parents. Cheyenne- if you need anything I would be happy to help you while you are not feeling so well. Anyways, congrats!
Allison Thomas
March 17, 2010
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
March 17, 2010
Congratulations!!!! I completely know how you feel... I am due Aug 31!!! And fret not about the belly band, I was right there with you. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy every minute!
April McEwen
March 17, 2010
Congrats Cheyenne and Geoff! Praying you feel better Cheyenne...Cant wait to see you guys at Katie and Kevins wedding!
March 17, 2010
Awwww, congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you! :))
March 17, 2010
Hey you two; congrats congrats CONGRATS! Children are an awesome blessing, lots of hard work, and an amazing way that God's kingdom expands exponentially. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.
Jenny J Cook
March 17, 2010
What a wonderful surprise!! Geoff did a fine job with the animation - ADORABLE! So, so, so, so, happy for the two of you. =) Glad you're starting to feel better, that's huge. And don't worry about the belly band thing, I'm right there with ya -- we'll have to be each other's support team through this wild adventure. ;-) Congrats!
Mary Sheedy
March 17, 2010
Yippy skippy! SUPER happy for you both. You're going to be awesome at Parenthood....just like everything else you two do! I blew straight by the Bella Band and went for the maternity pants at 13 weeks; HEAVEN, I tell you!
Ashley Katz
March 17, 2010
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so incredibly happy for you two. Hold on tight, it's a crazy and wonderful ride!
Maddie Stough
March 17, 2010
Lizz and I are both tearing up/crying for joy at the news here at Davidson!!! We're going to celebrate you, Geoff and Baby with a Summit later!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you both!! what a blessing :-)
Jessica Sack
March 17, 2010
YAY! You will be awesome parents! :)
Nick Katz
March 17, 2010
Congrats you guys!!! You both will be great parents!!
March 17, 2010
Congratulations you two!!! You poor thing, to feel horribly carsick ALL DAY...I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better!! I can't wait to see updates on Baby Schultz! I have to admit though, I've thought you were pregnant since the NY Bride and Groom fashion show (something that was said). :)
March 17, 2010
First of all LOVE the new blog. Secondly, I know I already said it via email, but CONGRATULATIONS! I am too happy for you. And number 3, I'm not one to sugarcoat much, but just wanted to say that with my first three boys, I was sick 24/7 all 9 months. I don't want to scare you, but I also don't want someone saying "oh it'll go away after three months". And then what if it doesn't??? Then you'll be mad at everyone for lying to you. But if I tell you it'll last all nine months, you'll be prepared. And then if it doesn't last all nine months, you'll be like "ha! you lied! I feel great!"
Reida
March 17, 2010
Oh my goodness CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can't wait to meet Baby Schultz!
Jackie
March 17, 2010
I am soooo happy for you two! And as I now know from my own experience, once you feel your little person/critter bouncing around in your belly and your love growing for him/her every second, you will look back and think how being sick wasn't really all that bad, and be amazed at how good you got at throwing up! I don’t know that the nerves are ever completely gone – your mother can probably let you know she still has them for you to this day. But, the love and excitement will soon outweigh the moments of worry. And before you know it, you’ll be fat & happy!! Love you Schultzes! xoxo
March 17, 2010
CONGRATS Cheyenne!! As I sit and wait for my little guy, I get so excited for those who are beginning the journey of pregnancy. God will prepare your heart each step of the way to help you overcome each anxiety that you face. Just trust in Him and enjoy the gift! It is amazing!!!! Congrats again!!
March 17, 2010
You already know I'm THRILLED for you guys and I agree with what Heather says! Everything will work out perfectly according to Him who knows what's best. :) Love you guys!!
March 17, 2010
PS- Geoff, you are seriously talented. Seriously!
March 17, 2010
YAY! Geoff the animation was off the chain - you guys are all kinds of talented. Baby Schultz is undoubtedly going to be a prodigy. Stick figure themed baby shower anyone? :) Love you!
Georgina Petrosky
March 17, 2010
Congratulations - this is fabulous news! Wishing you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy.
March 17, 2010
Congrats!!!!! That is so awesome!! Everything will fall into place, there is a reason this blessing happened now. You guys are going to be rockin' parents!! And you'll have the best baby photos!
March 17, 2010
Yipee!!!! So so so so so so sso so so soooooooooooo EXCITED for you two!
Your Mother (Sallee)
March 17, 2010
Yes!! You FINALLY came out of the closet!! Now I can tell the world that my baby girl is going to have a baby!!!
March 17, 2010
What amazing news! Congratulations to you both!! :)
March 17, 2010
What amazing news! Congratulations to you both!! :)
Lara
March 17, 2010
:) :) :) :) LOVE ALL THREE OF YOU :) :) :) :)
March 17, 2010
CONGRATS guys!! Welcome to the best job on earth ! You'll love every second of it. I'm gonna go ahead & predict a boy ;)
March 17, 2010
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! As I am sure everyone is telling you; it is by far the best thing - becoming parents. I am actually due with my 2nd one TODAY! So I am super excited for you!
March 17, 2010
I am so happy for you two! It's so much work but so well worth it. Both of our boys were born in September so I am sure Eleanor (my bride) knows what you are going through. If you want to practice with kids, come on down to Charleston and keep our two! : ) Please let me know if we can help you with anything!
March 17, 2010
Congrats!!! So happy for you guys! Your hubby's animation is sooo cute!
Lexi
CONGRATS! Gosh you'll produce some ridiculously cute babies :) xoxo
congratulations - so excited for you!
CONGRATS! I know we don't know each other personally but CONGRATULATIONS! That's really exciting. And as someone who lives in Florida I totally understand your weariness about being 8 months preggers in August! LOL. Just stay inside and have that hubby of yours buy lots of popsicles. :) And ps... that video= awesome!
Stephanie
March 17, 2010
Congrats to the two of you!!! You are going to be awesome parents & trust that God will prepare you for this exciting new endeavor that you are about to embark on! Best Wishes! Can't wait to meet Baby Schultz! :)
Laura
awesome animation! Congrats!
Cassie (Hirsbrunner) Faust
March 17, 2010
That is the cutest, sweetest animation EVER!!!! You guys will make amazing parents and am so happy for you! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 17, 2010
congrats and welcome to the preggo photo club. I know one photographer just had twins and another is due soon and me in June!! Its a fun ride!! :)
March 17, 2010
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Both our precious bundles were "happy surprises" and we started our business in Charlotte with a three year old and an infant so know that you will make it work and you will have to prioritize your life which will be such a blessing for you. I was super obsessed with being pregnant, LOVED IT, and have tons of books, videos, DVDs, websites, etc if you ever want to chat belly. SO AWESOME!!
March 17, 2010
PS: That animated video makes my heart melt like the pospicles that you will want to eat in August. Keep doing exactly what you are doing. It's inspiring.
Leslie Crouse
March 17, 2010
CONGRATS!! So excited for you guys, and you are so RIGHT, God has perfect timing ;-)
March 17, 2010
I am such a huge fan of your work and in a silly way feel very connected to not only your imagery but as you as people. This is fantastic news! Thanks so much for sharing and I can't wait to see precious images of baby Shultz !!
ANGELA & CHRIS
March 17, 2010
WE ARE SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ... WONDER IF YOU KNEW WHEN I SAW YOU LAST.? LOL! I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU GUYS. ALL OUR LOVE THE MEADOWS
ANGELA & CHRIS
Jennifer
March 17, 2010
Yay more Schultzes in my life :) Love the video too. Congrats!
March 17, 2010
I realized just how you and Geoff, your business, your blog, and your story, have touched me when I found myself getting teary at the news of The Schultzes having a baby Schultz! A million congratulations to both of you - I have no doubt you two will make absolutely amazing parents! And a note from a fellow Mommy and someone who was once VERY freaked out at the idea that "this baby has to have an exit strategy", pregnancy is one of those things that is designed truly as nature intended. At week 36, I was adamant there was NO WAY I could give birth, but by week 40, I was still anxious but READY. You will do great! There is nothing like your first! ~Tammy G.
March 18, 2010
I'm SO happy for you both like I said on Twitter, you will both be AMAZING parents. Just like you are AMAZING photographers and AMAZING people! Love you guys and even though everyone is scared of birth you will be FINE more than fine you will be so blessed! Much Love hope you feel better SOON!
Jaime Schultz
March 18, 2010
Sisters, I cry tears of joy for you. Parenthood is the most amazing experience in the world and you're going to be great at it. Love you both. - Sister.
Lori Campbell
March 18, 2010
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Seriously, though - EVERYONE is pregnant right now. Wel...not me....but....I personally know 19 women who are pregnant, and one of those lil babies is soon to be my nephew in July. :) So happy for you guys - and I think your reaction is perfectly NORMAL!!! Lots of love and luck!
Brittany Alfaro
March 18, 2010
Congratulations! You two are soooo cute. Your baby is going to be even cuter!
March 18, 2010
OMG!!! You guys are going to be AWESOME parents! Your kid is going to be like super cool and genius level! I am so excited:) When will we know if it's a lil Geoff or a lil Cheyenne?
March 18, 2010
congratulations!!!! i wish you a very healthy and happy pregnancy!! :) :)
March 18, 2010
Cheyenne, Jordan and I are so happy for you, and know that you will be happy too! While we were a bit sad about you not being able to shoot our wedding, we laughed about the fact that we couldn't be mad at you for it, because of all the reasons why you couldn't work for us, this is of course the most wonderful of all! :) I hope that makes some sort of goofy sense. And props to Geoff on the adorable animation...I love your stick people! :)
Ginny
March 18, 2010
Congrats!!! We had our first back in September. They bring you so much joy!! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see pictures!!!!!
Sue McFarland
March 18, 2010
Congratulations!!! Sept is a great month to have a baby!! I will be a grandmother for the 1st time in June...we are so excited!! And my daughter is as excited and scared and nervous as you seem to be. I am sure it will be a great photo op for me. Hope yours will be, too. Again thanks for sharing your wonderful news!!! PS..loved the clip!
Sue McFarland
March 18, 2010
March 19, 2010
Holy moly! Awesome news! And um, that animation is too. stinkin'. cute. CONGRATULATIONS GUYS! :) :) :)
March 19, 2010
That is the cutest video ever! Congratulations!!!
Brantley Freeman
March 19, 2010
Oh my goodness thank you so much for your pure and honest candidness! That is awesome news, yet, I can also see the complete shock of it not expecting this to come. Congratulations nonetheless! I enjoy following your blog and was happy to see the little video! Take care!
March 19, 2010
Congratulations!!! Being a mother is wild and wonderful! So happy for you both! :)
March 20, 2010
Awww what a cute video!!!! Congrats!!!!! :D
March 20, 2010
Eeeeee!!! Congratulations to you both - and that is the cutest announcement EVER!!!
Laura & Joe
March 22, 2010
Cheyenne & Geoff!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is such exciting news! Many blessings on this new phase of your marriage and life together. :D
Laura & Joe
March 22, 2010
March 22, 2010
how exciting! congrats you two!!!
March 23, 2010
Soooo i'm a little, ok a LOT late but I am so so so happy for you two! YAYYYYY!!!! :D
March 24, 2010
WHAT AN AWESOME WAY TO SHARE THE NEWS!!!!!!! Congratulations! I'm so nervous about getting pregnant myself that I feel like, when it does happen, I should revisit this post to calm myself down :)
Stephanie
March 27, 2010
Hi Cheyenne, I'm a little late on this, but I wanted to say congrats :) I can't wait to see blog love of your pregnant belly (if you will share!) and baby Schultz. Also about the being afraid of the baby coming out, I wanted to tell you that you are not alone! I was terrified when I had my daughter. But through this experience you will learn that your body is capable of things beyond anything you have imagined. In September when he or she comes, your body will just TAKE OVER and know exactly what to do! It's incredible really. Just trust in that, and enjoy this time, it is truly so special.
Holly
April 2, 2010
Congratulations Geoff and Cheyenne!!! So excited for you :) P.S. Love the new blog
April 19, 2010
I just found your site through SWPB and I think you two are adorable! Your photography is fantastic as well! Congrats on the baby on the way! Oh, yes and my hubby's name is Geoff too! The CORRECT spelling, he makes a point of telling everyone. :) Yay for the bun!