Nadia and Eric were married this past Saturday at Foundation for the Carolinas in Uptown Charlotte. We were SO delighted to a part to photograph it. :) A few of my favorite things from the day:
+ Nadia got ready at the gorgeous bridal suite inside of Hayden Olivia Bridal. It was my first time photographing there…what a great space for a bridal party to prepare for the day. Direct link to the suite is right HERE.
+ Nadia’s hair and dress were on point! Her dress was beyond beautiful and fit her like a glove. And Eric had his own fashion flair going on underneath his tux jacket…it was lined with photographs of his proposal to Nadia. I haven’t seen anything like it and it was incredible!
+ Nadia’s “something old” was Eric’s grandmother’s ring (pictured below). So special.
+ The look on Eric’s face as Nadia walked down the aisle to him and the tears that her mom had to brush away from her face as she watched them. Precious.
Congratulations, Nadia and Eric! We wish y’all every happiness. xoxo.
Dress – Purchased at New York Bride and Groom
Planner – Sonya of It’s a Bridal Thing Too
Caterer – Best Impressions
Florals – The Place for Flowers
Video – Two Cents Photo + Film
Ceremony Musicians – Queen City Ensemble
Photobooth – Shutterbooth Charlotte
Officiant – Dr. James Howell
Y’all, I am SO excited for today. Today is the day that I get to finally share my first eBook with all of you! Yes, it’s March, but in my opinion, there is still plenty of time to leverage what’s left of these slower months before wedding season is in full swing.
Of course, the options for what we can do to encourage business growth are almost innumerable, but I’ve narrowed them down to five. These five have been intentionally selected, as I’ve found them to be some of the most fruitful things I have done to grow my business….and they are easy to do.
I wrote this eBook specifically with the wedding professional business owner in mind. If that is you, this is for you! To access your free download of the book, go HERE!
I truly hope you will find this guide helpful and that it will be useful to you as you leverage the off-season to grow your business. Best to you, friend!
“Your greatest contribution to the kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise.” – Andy Stanley
All things that made up our dreary day January family shoot with my dear, dear friend Alicia White. It was simple. It was easy. It was fun. These are the moments I wanted captured. These are the moments I want to remember forever.
Alicia – how could I ever thank you enough for this treasure? I love you and am so grateful for your talent and your heart. Thank you for loving us so well.
Thank you to all of the following blogs for featuring our work! We are so very appreciative!
I’ve teamed up with some incredible ladies to host a Faith Building Giveaway! There are 3 Different Prizes you’ll be entered to win, some contributing to your faith, some contributing to your home, some contributing to you taking care of YOU, some contributing to your education as a creative! Deadline to Enter is Sunday, March 12 at 12:59pm. WINNER will be announced on Monday, March 13th!
CLICK HERE, fill in your information, and you’ll be entered to win one of these 3 prizes!
We also encourage you to GIVE to Freedom Global: a ministry dedicated to sustainable business, education and discipleship in Africa! (It’s not necessary for entering, but our hearts behind this giveaway is to spread generosity, so this is the perfect opportunity to pay it forward, to be generous, and to GIVE!)
Looking back on February, I’d say it was a wildly successful month…especially given my travels AND battling the flu. Before I get to my goals for March, here are my goals met and fun things from February:
Personal – February
- Made decision for our anniversary trip and booked the trip.
- Celebrated Crew’s 4th Birthday and Valentine’s Day with the kids. :)
- Family movie night to watch Zootopia.
- Geoff got his boot off.
- Attended Faith Retreat 2.0 with dear friends.
- Saw the Angel Oak Tree near Charleston, SC. Amazing.
- Organized the disaster that was our downstairs closet.
- Enjoyed Savannah and Charleston with Geoff.
Business – February
- Made big progress on updating our Studio Manual.
- Finalized 2017 client gifts and sent out Valentine’s Day gifts
- Completed second shooting/photography training schedule
- Had my first successful Duty Day (first of the month business tasks).
- Photographed Amanda and Josh’s engagement session in Savannah and Emily and Greg’s wedding in Charleston.
- Had my 2nd coaching session with a sweet friend and colleague to help her make a plan to better reach and book wedding clients and organize her business. If you are interested in signing up for a coaching session, please email me or send me a note through the contact section of my website.
Things to look forward to in March:
- 10 year anniversary trip!
- Ski trip with Boone…just me and my sheep. :)
- Family movie night. I think we are going for Finding Dory this time around.
- Family hike and picnic at Anne Springs Greenway.
- Boone starts t-ball.
- Throwing a baby shower for my sweet friend, Alicia.
- Church events – a women’s event for staff/spouses/leaders and The Hop (easter party for staff families).
- Have friends over for game night.
And my goals for the month:
Personal – March
- Read a book for pleasure on our anniversary trip. I started Shauna Niequist’s Present Over Perfect last night and hope to finish it this month.
- House projects (clean out master bedroom closet, remove shelving unit from hallway, fix light fixtures, find a solution to get rid of fruit flies).
- Finish baby proofing.
- Pre-plan fun, intentional mama days and make a plan for Boone for after school afternoons.
- Have a coffee date with a friend.
- I would REALLY love to finish Grey’s baby book this month.
Business – March
- Finalize and blog about Studio Manual.
- Finalize one month out from wedding client gift. Super excited about this.
- Begin second shooter training program with Erika.
- Get new coaching page up on my website.
- Set up my email list.
- Implement blogging calendar.
- Complete website bugs.
- Make substantial progress on client magazine.
- Launch new opt-in offer/freebie.
- Have 2nd quarter business planning meeting.
HAPPY SPRING, FRIENDS!
P.S. Thanks to the gals at Rebecca Rose Events for this sweet and beautiful Valentine’s Day card and to Erika for always being a willing hand model. :)